Friday, May 2, 2008

Home sweet home


I was in airport transfer bus this am when this guy senyum2. Must be Msianlah ni. So I pun dengan bangganya tanya if he "nak balik?". He relpied "finally, balik to home sweet home". He had been in & out of thousands promotion booths the last few days. "Very penat" he said. The few times I been overseas rasa happy bila jumpa fellow country man who speaks Malay. What more if he happens to be non Malay!! As if I have reached "home sweet home" when the fact that kita masih dalam bas lagi...

A friend commented my life must be seronok. Some times I just dissappear for a few days, out station or overseas nearby. When life has been quite mundane, such opportunity is like having the "moon on my lap" (walau pun tergempar & adrenalin naik). Why? All expenses are paid for. Masuk kapal pun ada steward asked if he had addressed me correctly (Sabojele...dunia punya hal).

Hmmm... it is not without pressure though. 24-hour duty. You don't sleep until yr boss go to bed. Gone are my nitely routine of swtiching off at 10pm. Sunday, Monday or Wednesday are the same. Labour Day pun make no difference. Regardless, I don't mind. I had the chance to step my foot into boutiques frequented by those yg patut... cuci mata. No "lontaran" for sure. Whether I left empty-handed or not, it does not matter..memang seronok. Happy.

Still in the end, I go back to home sweet home...like my new found friend said

3 comments:

masstongkol said...

Welcome home...
well nothing is more greener than our own home... bak kata orang... kemana kita pergi pun ... kita akan balik cari bantal dan tilam bussyuk jugak.. pada orang massyam... pada kita that is the most unique fragrant...on earth....

fatimah said...

ye betul

jibrail said...

kenapa steward tu tanye? kalau ade gelaran didepan,layanan nye bezake?..memanglah dunia punye hal...sebab tulah kod org semua sebok nak pangkat, kedudukan dan gelaran...aku bolih berangan jelah...